Good news during these difficult times: NAOS Marketing keeps on recruiting! Of course, we have had to adjust our processes as all our recruiters are working from home. All our job interviews are now performed online with Zoom application. That’s why we thought it was a good idea to share with you the lessons we have learned so far and the best tips to master your next online job interview with us!
In addition to keeping our personnel and candidates safe, remote job interviews saves you time and money out of transportation. We know going online for a job interview for the first time can seem a bit stressful, but do not worry!
First things first, to succeed your video job interview, you have to BE PREPARED!
It is preferable to use a desktop for the interview, but if you use a mobile or a tablet, make sure the device is physically stable. Use a tripod or a base to avoid a fall during the interview.
- Download the latest version of ZOOM (it is free!) and create an account with a professional username. Do not use an unprofessional nickname: your first and last name will do fine!
- Choose the perfect spot. Find a neutral place with no distractions or flashy colors on the walls; remember the interviewer will see whatever is behind you. More over, you have to adjust the light to avoid heavy shadows or any direct light that could blind the interviewer.
- Run a test-call with friends or family. Check your internet connection is stable (no downloading meanwhile!), and make sure your camera and microphone are working properly.
- Dress professionally, like you would do for any in-person interview. First impressions matter and your appearance is crucial to making a good one. Furthermore, it will help you feel more confident!
And, above all, the most important advice is: PRACTICE beforehand!! While the format may be different, do not forget that interviewers are most interested in the in the answers to their questions. That is why you should practice your main talking points. In other words, you should practice answering common interview questions about you, your educational and professional background, your ambition and goals, your motivations to work with us, etc. It is also always useful to prepare your own questions as well. Go and see who we are before the interview, to know more about our internal culture, values and history!
During the online job interview, make sure you look polished and professional:
- Eliminate distractions. Silence anything that could interfere with the conversation, including your phone. Exit every other applications is probably a very good idea: you do not want any pop-up window distracting you during the interview. Likewise, make sure no one else is around when you are completing your interview, including pets.
- Your attitude is crucial: smile and focus! Smiling will ensure you look engaged and enthusiastic about the job you are applying to. The interviewer deserves your full attention, and in the online environment, more than ever, eye contact is important. For that reason, remember to look directly into the camera to give your interviewer you are looking at him/her. Finally, if you are nervous, pay attention to your word flow and slow down.
- Bring notes, paper and a pen. It can be useful to have at hand a short brief in few bullet points about what you think it is important to bring into during the interview. Like this, you can keep track of the conversation or ideas that pop-up to comment later. But remember: do not interrupt the interviewer while he/she is speaking (wait your turn to speak), and don’t stare down at your paper!
- Do not panic if the technology fails. If anything goes wrong during the interview, remain calm and friendly. Just suggest hanging up and resume the video call. Any glitch can happen; it will not be the first time, neither the last. What is important is to show you are not losing your nerves, and that under pressure, you have the ability to react swiftly and with tranquility.
To sum up, we hope you will not hesitate in applying for our job positions. You can do it here, or you can also contact our recruiters, they are here for you!
#NAOSRecruits #staysafe #recruitment #callcenter #onlinejobinterview #jobsincairo